Would you be interested participating in a research project for Guard Members and their families? Then take part in the Guard Family CARE program!
This is an educational program focused on learning healthy alternatives to drugs and alcohol in coping with the stresses of service of the Guard and nurturing of your family. The information gathered from this project will be used to develop programs to help fellow service members maintain resiliency and positive quality of life in the face of the stress of service. We aim to help you to be always ready, always there.
What is necessary to be eligible?
- You are serving in the National Guard
- You have a spouse/partner, girlfriend/boyfriend, family member (mother/father, aunt/uncle, cousin, brother/sister, adult child, including step and in-law) or a close friend
- National Guard member is drinking at a "risky level"*
*Risky level is: more than 4 drinks on any day or more than 14 drinks during one week (men) or more than 3 drinks on any day or more than 7 drinks during one week (women).
What we offer, at no cost to you:
- A confidential assessment
- 6 weekly meetings with a trained facilitator
- Payment for participation in intake and follow-up research interview
For more information call 855-684-CARE (2273) or visit guardfamilycare.com