UMass Center at Springfield
This training will provide an in-depth technical review of various Complete Streets design elements. Attendees will learn:
• Benefits of Complete Streets;
• Design guidance for people walking, biking, and taking transit;
• Methods to balance roadway users and apply flexibility;
• Complete Street Funding Program requirements; and
• Best practices for public engagement.
The elements discussed will be applied through a site visit (weather permitting) and design exercise. Please wear sturdy shoes and dress for the weather. Hard hats and safety vests will be provided by Baystate Roads. Each session has a 20 attendee maximum with no walk-ins accepted. Click here to register or for more information.